Thursday, May 19, 2011

Softball!

We signed Emilia up for T ball this year. Thought she was going to love it. Thought it was going to be great. Boy, was I wrong! I should have expected it when the league emailed me to ask if I would switch her to softball, they wanted all girls in softball, and boys only in T ball. After I said yes, not wanting her to be the only girl in T ball, I found out it was a traveling team!!!!! ughhh!!!! Then we found out that because of her coach's work schedule, her games wouldn't start till 6:30, which gets her home well after bed time. Ughhhhh!!!!! Can't wait for the season to be over!!!

It all started with the opening day parade. Ian, Sr. had a duathlon that morning so I was at the parade by myself with the twins and Emilia. It was a very cold morning. First they got their shirts and met their coach.
Emilia in her uniform (#2), over top of a hoodie and a warm coat!

Next, she paraded from beach 3 to the baseball field with her team.

Em and some of her friends. Shortly after this picture, Em fell and I had to have a friend's mom push the twins so I could carry Em till she calmed down. 

Then, after a way too long wait, during which the twins grew VERY impatient, Emilia's name was called and she ran the bases.




The twins, first time I tried their leashes, and they were mostly flat on the ground. Not a good day!!!
Running the bases!


The season really hasn't improved much since that opening day, crossing my fingers she doesn't want to play next year!!!
"Running" to first base. Her helmet falls off very dramatically every time! And she isn't even running fast!

Nice hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment